I bloody love going down to London. I love planning trips, looking at new shops to visit, must-see attractions and Instagrammable bars and restaurants to take leisurely pit stops in during my visit to the capital.
Over the past few years, my Mum and I try to arrange a trip to LDN twice a year and we’ve successfully ticked off a lot the venues you may see adorning your IG feed.
Peggy Porschen? Yep. Trip up the Sky Garden, done. The Bluebird in Chelsea, obvs. Even the swing in Covent Garden is lurking on my IG feed somewhere. Whilst some people get bored of see the same photos again, I think it’s nice. Especially for those who don’t get to the visit the city as often as we would like.
I’m currently planning our next trip and have been researching some of the restaurants I’d like to visit when I’m next down there…
- Elan in Selfridges. Photographed a hundred times over, Elan is wisteria goals. The oh so pretty purple flowers adorning the ceiling of the café tucked away in Selfridges, makes for the perfect outfit pictures and whilst I’ve not see any photos of the food, the menu sounds great and it’s the perfect pit-stop during handbag window shopping!
- Sketch. I know, I know, I can’t believe I haven’t been! I’ve read so many reviews and the afternoon tea sounds amaaaazing! Defo one to add to my list! Also the toilets look fab, perfect for IG Stories content! Who thought we’d be saying that about loos in 2019?!
- Berners Tavern. The breakfast goals restaurant that I’ve spotted in many of my fave LDN based bloggers vlogs when they’re off to breakfast meetings. Yep, of course I’d love to go to breakfast meetings. Not the kind that I attend currently where I’m shoving special k down my neck before our weekly scrums. Sexy, right? Oh to pay for overpriced avo on toast for the gram. Who am I kidding… I’d totally be down that!
- Farm Girl in Notting Hill. Another vloggers fave if you’re fancying something super healthy with very little carbs in site. I’ve read that you’ve got to get here early as the queues can be round the block but it’s the perfect spot to head to in spring or summer if you want to sit outside and dine alfresco. I love exploring Notting Hill so this 10000% on my list.
- Petersham Nurseries. I little bit of different kinda choice but somewhere I know both me and my Mum would appreciate. Basically, it’s a posh garden centre with an amaaazing restaurant. Another vlogger’s fave, lots of designer brands have hosted blogger events at Petersham Nurseries. Perfectly seasonal at whatever time of year, I imagine it’s perfect to visit in early spring when the flowers are beginning to bloom. Great food and a guarantee of ‘the shot’ for Insta – I’m here for it.
All I need to now is book my train ticket and head on down! If you are looking for inspo on where to eat, I suggest doing your research to find restaurants that work for you and your needs! Happy eating and IG taking!