Fashion // The £14 Matalan Bag I'm Loving
So, it’s official. Autumn has arrived and we’re all loving it as it’s the perfect opportunity to wear boots, shop for a new coat and get cosy! But for me, the change in seasons signals my seasonal bag swap! I’m a handbag girl through and through and digging out a new handbag as the weather turns is a true signal, change is gon’ come…
So, when I delved into the wardrobe recently for the quarterly switcharoo, I realised I no longer have a black cross body bag. I’m much-preferring crossbody styles at the minute and the absence of one meant a shopping trip was on the cards!
Matalan is my shop of choice when I want to get something nice without spending too much but a piece that the world and his wife doesn’t own yet. This black mini tote bag was just £14 and I love the simplistic design and gold hardware. The studs on the cross body strap are a bit different and it’s big enough for everyday.
So, what do I carry in my bag on a daily basis?
- Train pass inside a super cute sausage dog holder from Accessorize. Bought about three years ago so I don’t know if it’s still available or not, but I love it!
- Orange coin purse. This is my everyday purse and was a gift from my Mum. I used to have a huge River Island purse ( remember when buying a new RI purse was a thing?!) but it was too big and packed with receipts, so this is perfect for holding my cards, coins and notes – when I’m rich enough to have a note on me!
- Sunnies. Brown tortoiseshell sunglasses from Dorothy Perkins. Bought about a year ago with a voucher from my bf’s mum for my birthday
- Polo’s. It’s the rule that you have some kind of mints/chewys in your bag and these Polo Sugar-Free Extra Strong Pots are my go-to. The pot means I’m not losing loose Polo’s all over the bottom of my bag! The pots are great for any occasion and to keep in your bag to refresh your breath when you’re on the go!
- Charlotte Tilbury lipstick in Kim KW. I adore this peachy nude shade! I keep it in the bottom of my bag in case I’m going out after work and need to refreshen up. I don’t usually wear matte lipsticks, but this one is an exception!
- Loose change. Always got a couple of quid knocking out and I admit some of this is actually Euro’s from our holiday to Barcelona back in August!
A final shout-out to this gorgeous throw I picked up in Matalan. I’d been after a new one to have on the bed and to use on the sofa now it’s colder at night and I love the cream/pink/grey design of this one!