Travel // Portobello Road Market, Notting Hill, London

Whenever Virgin announce their train ticket sales, my Mum and I are all over it, as we love our twice annual visit to London. Every time, we try to visit somewhere new and on Saturday we lucked out with the weather and headed over to Notting Hill.

I’ve never been to Portobello Road before and we love to visit one of the cities many different markets every time we’re down South. Notting Hill in general was such a beautiful area to visit and the coloured houses and shop fronts looked beautiful in the sunshine.

We wondered along looking at the different stalls, selling everything from antiques to the most delicious-looking street food. We couldn’t pass the doughnut stall without picking up a HUGE custard doughnut each – which we later demolished in the sunshine in Hyde Park!

Halfway down the market stalls, I spotted a familiar pink logo along the row of shops – The Hummingbird Bakery! So naturally we popped inside and oogled every last cupcake trying to decide which to try first!

The weather was on our side with beautiful sunshine and we had the loveliest day in the Capital. Now I’ve just got to keep my eyes out for Virgin’s next train sale!

Advertisements

8 Comments Add yours

1. nayardt says:

Such a lovely day!

1. Ruth Writes says:

It was – thanks!

2. Love the colourful, quaint streets! And I’ll take a few donuts and a bunch of tulips too! 🍩💐

1. Ruth Writes says:

So beautiful! Such a lovely part of London!

3. That looks like a beautiful day out! I must admit that to this day every time I hear Portobello Road I think about Bedknobs and Broomsticks!

1. Ruth Writes says:

It was lovely – and yes I know what you mean!

4. Laura Nolan says:

I’ve never been to portobello road but the market and the food looks incredible!

1. Ruth Writes says:

It’s amazing, worth a visit if you’re ever in London!

Hi there, I read and reply to all the comments I receive. Thanks so much for commenting and stopping by.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s