Last weekend my Mumma and I headed up to Edinburgh as part of her belated 60th birthday present. We spent 24 hours in the city and managed to pack lots into our time.
Things to see / do
- Edinburgh Castle. Located just at the top of the Royal Mile, you get an excellent view of the city and it’s just amazing to look at.
- Afternoon Tea. We booked a reservation at The Dome and it was by far the best afternoon tea I’ve ever had. We were so looked after by the staff, the building was beyond impressive and the food, oh the food! Delicious sandwiches, dainty yet full of flavour cakes and two scones each. Finished with a pot of tea and glass of champagne, you couldn’t go wrong.
- The Shops – Harvey Nicks, high street & designer stops neatly tucked into the walls of the large streets and department store, Jenners on the high street. We were spoilt for choice!
- Drinks – It was recommended to me to try The Whiski Rooms. However after climbing the winding steps to find it, it was closed for Burns Night! But, there are lots of pubs and whisky tasting bars over in the Old Town which is where we stayed.
- Food – Restaurants are spread across the city, with lots of choice. We ate at an Italian in the Old Town. Hidden away in a wine cellar, it was the most amazing meal and I would really go back again!