So, something exciting has happened over the last few months and my blog has appeared in a recipe book!
The British Military Fitness have created a recipe book of healthy recipes compiled by food bloggers and Ruth Writes has made its debut!
I love cooking healthy evening meals so I decided to put together a yummy chilli recipe for dinner. I wanted it to include all of my favourite ingredients whilst still being really easy to rustle up after work.
Mixed Bean Chilli with Baked Sweet Potato
So, what do you need?
- 400g of extra lean beef, turkey or quorn
- 1 red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 pack of passata
- 1 can mixed beans
- Chilli powder
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- Frying oil – I chose to use avocado oil but coconut or rapeseed as just as good
- Chop your veggies and gently fry in the oil
- Add your meat to the frying pan
- Once the veggies and meat/quorn are browning add the passata
- Simmer whilst adding the mixed beans to the pan and the chilli powder to flavour
- Pop your sweet potatoes in the oven or microwave to bake
- Serve the chilli mixture on top of your jacket sweet potatoes.
- Why not add salad on the side?
- I topped my chilli with feta cheese and avocado so it feels like you’re eating the naughtiest meal with all the goodness!
You can download the book here and recreate many of the amazing recipes yourself – https://www.britmilfit.com/resource-hub/nutrition-hub/bmf-recipe-book/