Risotto is one of those recipes that I always chose when eating out and wonder why I don’t make it at home….and then when I gave it a go, I remembered. The constant stirring and adding stock means it’s quite time-consuming but thanks to the combo of flavours and the filling rice, it’s great for filling you up. And I had enough for an extra portion for lunch – bonus.
So what do you need?
- Arborio rice – I picked up a small bag from Aldi. You don’t need to use loads either as it expands as it cooks
- Chopped or sliced chorizo
- Tin of chopped tomato
- 1 small red or white onion diced
- 1 clove of garlic diced
- Olive oil
- Chicken stock – 1 litre
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to season
- Fry off the onion and garlic and add your chorizo to the pan
- Once oil has reduced add your risotto rice
- Add the chopped tomato and any extra seasoning to the pan
- Gently ladle in the stock, a spoonful at a time. Add a new spoonful when the liquid has evaporated
- Once all the stock has reduced, the rice will be light and fluffy. Your risotto is now ready to serve!