This blog is here to chat about food and beauty equally but when I’m on a health kick it shows with an array of new recipes to try. But today I thought I’d try something a bit different with my weekly food shop haul.
I’m really nosey and love seeing what people pop in their basket at the supermarket. So I thought I’d go one further with a haul. I’m back following Slimming World so I picked up an even mix of veggies, breakfast food and quick snack.
- Cereal – museli and Aldi’s own special k
- Veggies – butternut squash to make soup, mushrooms for yummy garlic ‘shrooms, avocado cos obvs, pea shoots and leaves to make tasty salads and grapes to snack on at work.
- Pita breads – homemade kebabs are a winner in my book. The perfect fakeaway meal!
- Fishcakes are a new addition to my shopping list. Aldi do a great variation and I’m loving mine with sweet potato wedges and salad.
- Red pepper hummus to eat with oatcakes or ricecakes for lunch at work.
- I picked up a packet of couscous as I thought this will go nicely with my second fishcake and salad later in the week.
- Fat free yogurts are full of flavour and these toffee flavoured yogs are ideal to stop sweet cravings at work.
- I picked up a packet of chorizo as I plan to make homemade tortilla pizzas this weekend.
- And, lastly toffee apple soreen. It was on offer and I couldn’t resist with Halloween and Bonfire Night around the corner!!
There we have it, my weekly shop for one. It only cost me £19 and I can make lots of yummy meals to keep me on the dieting straight and narrow this week!